Saturday, December 29, 2012

Whats For Dinner ~ Beef and Been Enchiladas ~ Saving Money Eating Mexican At Home

When I crave Mexican I refer to my cookbooks rather than going out for an expensive dinner. Tonight on the menu was Beef and Bean Enchiladas, side of Refried Beans and Taco chips.  Tonights dinner came from Favorite Brand Name Incredibly Easy Weeknight Meals. Recipe was tweeked with some changes due to our likes and what I had in the pantry.

needed
nonstick cooking spray
3 cups of shredded mexican style cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream divided
1 can of Rotel with green chiles
1 pound of ground beef ( if you want chicken use 2 cups of diced chicken)
1 10 oz can of Ortega Enchilada Sauce
10 8 inch soft flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350 , spray 13 by 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray
Reserve 1 1/2 cups of cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream
Brown hamburger, degrease and add drained can of Rotel with green chilis, add remaining sour cream and shredded cheese. Mix and warm
Spread about 2 tsp of enchiladas sauce over each tortilla. Top each with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture and 1 or 2 small teaspoons of refried beans. Roll up tortillas, arrange seam side down in baking dish.
Top tortillas with remaining enchiladas sauce. Sprinkle with reserved cheese
Cover with foil. Bake 50 or 60 minutes or until hot, remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.

Serve with some sour cream, side of refried beans and some chips. Dinner is ready.

We saved money eating at home and it was so tasty. Hubby and I ate 4 of the 10 enchiladas,  I was able to freeze remaining enchiladas. Hubby and I will have dinner some evening with just having to thaw and reheat.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You. I Love your easy technique to a great meal. If I intend on doing enchiladas, I cook Campbells Pork-N-Beans or Ranch Style Beans. Mix it with my already cooked Mexican Rice, cooked & drained hamburger meat. Then I fry my tortillas in vegetable oil, place a spoon full of the hamburger mixture along with Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, Roll it up, place in pan. Once greased pan is full, I proceed to pour Enchilada Sauce w/remaining Shredded Cheese on top of the fried, greased Enchiladas & place in oven on 350. 10-15mns its done. Serve w/refried beans, picadillo, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole etc.��

    ReplyDelete